Some 50 to 60 swimming pool guests were treated for ammonia gas injuries after the leak on Sunday, police said. Most complained of dizziness and respiratory difficulties, news agency AFP reported.
About 250 emergency workers helped rescue and treat guests from the leak, and no one sustained life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The ammonia apparently leaked from a defective security valve in one of the pool’s utility buildings.
One infant was flown to a children’s clinic via helicopter, AFP reported, though authorities could not report on its condition.
About 2,500 people were at the pool enjoying the weekend’s warm weather.